Mazuri® Ratite Starter
Mazuri® Ratite Starter Diet is a complete ratite food designed to get newly hatched emus and ostriches off to a good start.
- Contains high levels of added vitamin E and added selenium - Addresses deficiencies.
- Contains vitamin C - Supports the immune system to address the effects of stress.
- Contains soybean oil - Ensures that the requirement for linoleic acid is met.
- Contains Saccharomyces cerevisiae - Designed to support bird health.
- Contains vitamins and minerals known to be required by birds.
- Natural preserved with mixed tocopherols.
- Crude protein, not less than 21.0%
- Crude fat, not less than 2.5%
- Crude fiber, not more than 7.0%
- Ash, not more than 9.0%
- Moisture, not more than 12.0%
- Calcium, not less than 1.3%
- Calcium, not more than 1.9%
- Phosphorus, not less than 1.1%
- Salt, not less than 0.10%
- Salt, not more than 0.50%
- Emus - Feed 5M32 to newly hatched emus until birds reach adult body weight. Feed free-choice or limit-feed to 75% of free-choice consumption depending on facilities and accessibility of chicks to facility.
- Ostriches - Feed 5M32 free-choice to newly hatched ostrich chicks until approximately 90 days of age or until they reach a body weight of 70 lb., whichever comes first.
- Grit - Use of grit may help in decreasing the incidence of impactions by strengthening the gizzard. Granite grit should be used. Do not use limestone as a source of grit. Grit can be made available to the birds as soon as they are hatched. Mix grit in with the feed (1.5% by weight, example: for every 98 grams of feed, mix in 2 grams of grit). Change the grit size as the animals grow.
- General recommendation for grit use:
- Hatch to 3 weeks - 2/16" grit (starter size)
- 4 to 7 weeks - 3/16" to 4/16" length, 2/16" width grit (grower size)
- 8 to 16 weeks - 6/16" to 8/16" length, 4/16" width (developer size)
- 16 weeks on - 10/16" to 14/16" length, 6/16" width (turkey size)
For best results, store contents of open bag in container with sealing lids. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location. Use within 1 year of bag manufacturing.