COLORFUL COMPANIONS® Parrot Blend
Colorful Companions® Parrot Blend contains a mixture of triple cleaned seeds, grains, peanuts and extruded pellets formulated with vitamins, minerals, and feather conditioning nutrients. Colorful Companions® bird products are nutritionally complete and highly palatable.
- Designed to provide appropriate sized premium grains and seeds for parrots.
- Nutritionally complete - Contains nutritionally-enriched pellets to balance the nutrition provided by seeds.
- Crude protein, not less than 12.0%
- Crude fat, not less than 14.0%
- Crude fiber, not more than 20.0%
- Moisture, not more than 12.0%
- Ash, not more than 9.0%
- This blend is designed to be fed in combination with a nutritionally complete pellet, such as Mazuri® Parrot Maintenance (56A8) or Parrot Breeder (56A9), or as the primary diet item when all components are consumed.
To successfully transition birds from their currently diet to COLORFUL COMPANIONS® Parrot Blend, do a gradual changeover. Start with 90% current diet and 10% Parrot. On each succeeding day, reduce the amount of seeds by 10% while increasing the amount of Parrot by 10%. On the 10th day, the diet should consist only of COLORFUL COMPANIONS® Parrot Blend
- Monitor the bird’s weight and behavior carefully during the conversion period. Be especially attentive during the 10th to 12th day. If the bird is losing weight, or if the bird is not consuming the product, offer the bird a mix of 50% original diet and 50% Parrot and restart the conversion process from this point. If the bird is not eating, the excreta color will become dark green and the volume will decrease.
- Supplemental calcium should also be provided in the form of cuttlebone to ensure birds can meet their needs for the mineral at all times.
- Always provide animal with plenty of fresh, clean water.
COLORFUL COMPANIONS® Parrot Blend has a 1 year shelf life when stored in a dry environment. For best results, ensure container is fully closed during storage, or store contents of open bag in container with sealing lid. Store in a cool (75°F or colder), dry (approximately 50% RH) location.